Are Solar Dealers Charging Too Much For A Solar System That Will Only Turn Itself Off During A Power Outage?
You Bet They Are!
Before you let that other solar dealer install their overpriced grid tie only solar system on your roof, ask your sales rep this one very important question:
"Will your solar system supply backup power, during a power failure day or night?"
When you buy a solar system from that other solar dealer, you'll have all those solar panels on your roof and you won't have enough power to even charge a cell phone during a power outage, even when the Sun is shining.
IMAGINE NOT HAVING ANY POWER TO RUN AN AIR CONDITIONER OR EVEN A FAN SMALL DURING THE NEXT PROLONGED POWER OUTAGE.
Why Pay A Higher Price For Only Half A Solar System That Will Leave You Without Power During A Power Outage When You Could Install A Full Service Solar System For Less Money ?
Here are some facts to consider before you sign on the dotted line for that other dealer's grid tie only solar system.
During super peak usage hours, (3 PM to 7 PM) without a favorable net metering policy (the ability to sell your excess power back to the utility company while you're producing it.) and no energy storage, that grid tie only solar system simply becomes dead weight on your roof.
Without a means to store energy, you'll have to use the energy that your system produces at the time that it's being produced or give it away to the utility company at a reduced rate or lose that energy entirely. Use it or lose it!
2. Many dealers tend to mark up the cost of their battery based systems to ridiculously high levels, many times adding tens of thousands of dollars to their installation costs. Adding batteries to a storage ready solar system doesn't have to be that expensive. So always shop and compare pricing. And remember, batteries that are designed for use in electric vehicles are not necessarily the best choice for a residential or commercial solar energy storage system.
There are several battery chemistries on the market today that make for a safer, longer lived, lower cost alternative than electric vehicle batteries.
3. Thinking about a micro inverter system? Better think again if you want to add backup power.
Adding batteries to a typical micro inverter solar system is one of the most expensive ways to have backup for your home or business. As much as 4 times the cost of adding energy storage to a standard power optimized solar system with monitoring. Don't take our word for it. Simply shop for pricing to add batteries to that micro inverter system that you're considering and see for yourself.
4. With high temperature records being broken all across the country and power outages becoming far more frequent, imagine not being able to power even a small window air conditioner or for that matter even a small fan with that other dealer's overpriced grid tie only solar system.
5. Thinking about a solar tiles? Again, you had better think again. Solar roof tiles may look pretty but when it comes to performance, they provide some of the worst performance on the market. The problem is heat. Silicon solar cells produce energy from light not heat. In fact, the hotter a solar cell gets, the poorer they perform.
And since solar roof tiles are mounted flush against the roof preventing any air flow cooling underneath them, they run much hotter than higher performance, lower cost solar panels.
This not only makes their performance worse but your return on investment will take much longer with solar roof tiles. And when it comes to pricing, despite what the solar tile companies may tell you, solar roof tiles cost far, far more than a standard roof. Tens of thousands more.
6. When it comes to pricing, the large companies that offer solar leasing are the absolute worst, charging up to three times cost for the same grid tie battery back system than the fair market priced solar dealers charge.
7. With natural disasters, terrorism and the world's geopolitical future turned upside down, why on Earth would spend your money on a solar system that's designed to turn itself off during a power outage?
8. And finally, you can't just add batteries to a standard grid tie system and convert it into and backup power system. Most grid tie only systems are not designed to simply add batteries.
In fact, in many cases, attempting to add batteries to that other dealer's system will immediately void that system's warranty not to mention, permanently damage the system's inverter.
If you're considering backup power to protect your home from power outages, then you must purchase a solar system that has been specifically designed for that purpose at the onset rather than attempt a very expensive AC coupled retrofit after your grid tie only system has already been installed.
Why Throw Your Money Away On A Grid Tie Only System ?
Before You Waste Your Money On Yesterday's Technology, Give Us A Call.
We'll help you save thousands, even tens of thousand of dollars on the installation of a high quality, big name brand, discount grid tie battery backup solar air conditioning system for your home or business.
FULL CONTRACTOR INSTALLATION OR DIY
EITHER WAY, WE'LL SAVE YOU THOUSANDS!
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR UTAH ENERGY COSTS FOR THOUSANDS LESS THAN THE OTHER DEALERS CHARGE !